Last Updated on July 1, 2021 by admin
I make this awesome recipe a lot for my family – mostly during the summers. Me and my family like to spice it up with a lot of hot sauce or tobasco sauce and serve with some salt crackers. Il let you in on a secret – I like to start with chilling the shrimp, ketchup, and tomato juice (and it takes only about 1 hour to chill).
OPTIONAL:- Top with additional avacado and/or hot sauce if desired !!
Yields 4 servings
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp (chilled for a hour) – peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- ⅓ cup chopped Spanish onion
- ¼ cup lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 chopped roma (plum) tomatoes
- 1 stalk celery (finely chopped)
- 1 cucumber (finely chopped)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (chopped & seeded)
- Salt 2 teaspoons
- Black pepper 2 teaspoons
- 1 ½ cups tomato (chilled for 1 hour)
- 1 cup ketchup (chilled for 1 hour)
- 1 ½ cup clam juice cocktail (chilled for 1 hour)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro – chopped with stems discarded
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (such as Valentina®)
- 2 avocados – peeled & chopped
- Step 1: Mix the onion with lime juice in a bowl and let it rest for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Step 2: [SHRIMP MIXTURE] Add the shrimp, roma tomatoes, cucumber, celery, jalapeno, salt, and black pepper into the bowl and toss until evenly combined
- Step 3: Whisk tomato and clam juice cocktail, ketchup, cilantro, and hot pepper sauce in a separate bowl; and pour it into the shrimp mixture.
- Step 4: Add the avocados into the whole mix ( without breaking them).
- Step 5: Cover and chill thoroughly, at least 1 hour.
Volaaa…..your Mexican shrimp cocktail is ready to be served