Last Updated on July 15, 2021 by admin
As mentioned before – The Baked Egg Boat is a quiche that is made with a hollowed out baguette, rather than a traditional pie crust.
Baked egg boats have risen in popularity since the last decade and have been modified by many chefs & cooks in so many different ways ever since. It not only serves as a hearty breakfast ,but also serves as a presentable snack during a get together or party.
We absolutely enjoy making this recipe during a party, firstly because this recipe can be scaled out to feed a large audience, and we also love how this recipe brings out the “WOW” in all our friends and family.
Here is another plus point of this recipe: The dish is extremely portable and convenient to carry around. Its one of those recipes that can be carried on the go, and eaten on the go- anytime & anywhere !!
Check Out Our Short Video Instructions !!
1) Sour Dough Baguettes
4) Salt & Pepper
5) Green Pepper (Capsicum)
7) Red onion
8) Mozzarella Cheese
8) Cherry Tomatoes (for garnishing)
9) Parsley (optional) (for garnishing)
1) Preheat the oven.
2)a: Cut a deep “Rectangle” from the top of each baguette until about a ½ inch of the bottom is remaining.
b: Un-stuff the baguettes as much as possible, while keeping the outer shell of the baguettes intact (It’s very important not to tear the outer shell while slicing the tops off and while un-stuffing)
c: Set hollowed baguette aside and discard the tops and stuffing.
4) Add Eggs, Milk, Salt/Pepper in a bowl
5) Beat the eggs until the yolks and whites are fully blended and mixed in
6) Add fine cut green pepper, mushrooms & red onion into the mix and give it a good whisk
7) Set the baguettes onto a baking sheet & baking tray – and layer the inside with a hint of butter
8) Fill the baguette with half the egg mixture ( the egg liquid will pour out first – leaving all the heavy bits behind – so..make sure you scoop out all the bits and evenly add it into each baguettes)
9) Finally…put the baking tray in the oven – and bake @ 350˚F for about 30 minutes, untill the eggs looks cooked and the top looks golden brown
10) Remove the baguettes from the oven ( let cool for 5 minutes) , then Cut the baguette into slices
11) Cut the cherry tomatoes into thin slices, and decorate over the sliced up baguette
12) Sprinkle some ground up parsley on top of the baked egg boat
Volaaa…. Your Baked Egg Boat Is Now Ready To Be SERVED.. !!!
Video Recap !!
Storage & Reheating:
One batch of baked egg boats can be stored for about 2 days, it is best to consume them before that.
Bake egg boats as per recipe instructions. Cool, then tightly wrap in foil and store in the refrigerator.
To reheat in oven, wrap the egg boat in foil and place into a 300˚F preheated oven and heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
Remove from oven, unwrap from foil, slice (if necessary) and serve.
So..there you have it – Simple Baked Egg Boat !! This recipe is sure to make you look like a professional chef in front of your friends & Family
Check out more Recipes & Food Post’s @… fatboyfoodhub.com