Last Updated on July 4, 2021 by admin
This is a quick, easy and fun dish to make. These are “Cuban chicken cutlets” that are marinated with various spices & citrus juices. This dish is usually served with rice, black beans & Sautéed onions- which makes it one of the most tastiest dishes i have ever had.
Prep Time: 1 to 1.5 hours
Serving: Approx 4 plates
- Medium size garlic (6 cloves)
- Chicken breast cut into halves [boneless skinless] (about 10 to 12 ounces)
- Kosher salt (2.5 teaspoons)
- Squeezed orange juice [60ml] (this should be about 1 orange)
- Squeezed lime juice [60ml] (this should be about 2 lemons)
- Ground cumin (1.5 teaspoons)
- Oregano (dry) (1.5 teaspoons)
- Ground pepper (1 teaspoons)
- Ground all spice (ready made spices) (half teaspoons)
- Vegetable or canola oil (1 tablespoon) (approx 15ml), + more if needed
- white or yellow onion (1 large onion); sliced into thick rings
- Long-grain rice (cooked)
- Black beans (cooked)
- Picked cilantro leaves, [OPTIONAL]
- Lime wedges [OPTIONAL]
STEP 1: In a blender – purée(liquidize)orange juice, lime juice, garlic, cumin, black pepper, oregano, allspice (if using), and 2 teaspoons kosher salt until smooth.
STEP 2: If using chicken breast halves, cut into cutlets,[Watch this youtube video on how to make cutlets]
STEP 3: After cutting into cutlet – pound to an approximate thickness of about 1/4 inch
STEP 4: Place the cutlets in a zip lock bag. Add the puree mix- make sure that it coats the meat evenly all over, then Push out all the air from the zip lock bag and seal the bag
STEP 5: Remove the meat from the zip lock and wipe off any excess puree around it.
STEP 6: In a frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat until the oil starts to shimmer.
STEP 7: Add the chicken cutlets (in batches of 2 or 3) and cook until golden brown on each side (about 5 minutes per side) . Set aside the cooked chicken pieces
STEP 8: In the same skillet- repeat STEP 6
STEP 9: Add the onion rings, season with ½ teaspoon salt, and fry until the onions have browned & softened (this process should take 5 to 7 minutes), then lower the heat and add a splash of water and give it a good mix till the water dries- then set aside
Arrange the cutlets on serving plates and top it with the browned onions. Serve it with the black beans and rice
[OPTIONAL] Garnish with cilantro and serve with a lime wedge.
Volaaa…Your Cuban-Style “Pollo a la Plancha” (Cuban grilled chicken) is now ready to eat !!
Check out another one of our awesome recipe…Oven Baked Egg Boat
For More awesome Recipes & products – visit our HOME PAGE..CLICK HERE !!