Last Updated on July 1, 2021 by admin
Slow cooker chicken is usually considered to be the most succulent. Give your taste buds a fresh burst of flavor with this gingery tasting chicken , served alongside some crunchy tangy cabbage slaw.
Yields: 4 servings Total Time: 6 hours 50 mins
1/4 c. apricot
ketchup 1/4 c.
soy sauce 2 tbsp.
jam 2 tbsp
grated fresh ginger 2 lb.
chicken thighs (boneless & skinless),
small (red or green) jalapeño pepper, chopped 1/4 c.
chopped garlic cloves 1
medium onion, chopped 1
unseasoned rice vinegar, divided
Black pepper 1 c. & kosher salt
White rice 1/4 (long grain)
Red cabbage (about 8 ounces) (small size) cored and thinly sliced 2
scallions, sliced 1 tbsp.
fresh chopped cilantro + 1tbsp more for serving.
sesame seeds [Optional]
- Mix ginger, ketchup, apricot jam, soy sauce in a slow cooker. Add chicken, garlic, onion, and jalapeño; Mix well so that all the ingredients gets coated. Cover the slow cooker , and let the chicken cook.
- Let it cook for 3.5 to 4.5 hours on high- or – 5.5 to 6.5 hours on low. Transfer the chicken to a plate and shred it using a shredder or fork; then return it back to slow cooker.
- Stir in 3 teaspoons rice vinegar & Season with a pinch salt and pepper
- Leave the mix for about Twenty-five minutes in the slow cooker before serving,
- cook up some steamed rice and mix cabbage, scallions, cilantro, oil, and 3 teaspoons rice vinegar in a bowl. Again season with a pinch of salt.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice topped with slaw, cilantro, and sesame seeds.
And Volaaa…There you have it !! Slow Cooker Ginger Chicken with Cabbage Slaw