Last Updated on August 23, 2021 by admin
Missi Roti is a popular Indian flat-bread that in famous in Northern states of Indian especially Rajasthan, Punjab and Uttar Pradesh. Wheat flour and besan (chickpea flour) is used in a 2:1 proportion respectively to prepare this tasty paratha.
- Whole wheat flour – 2 cups
- Besan (chickpea flour) – 1 cup
- Carrom seeds (ajwain) – 1 teaspoon
- Green chillies – 1 or 2 (more if desired)
- Onion – 1 medium chopped finely
- Coriander – ½ cup chopped
- Oil – 1 tablespoon + more for roasting
- Asafoetida (hing) – 1 pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Water – as required
Making the Dough
- STEP 1: To a large bowl, add whole wheat flour, besan and carrom seeds. Mix both the flours and the carrom seeds together.
- STEP 2: Add the finely chopped onion, green chilies, coriander leaves, one tablespoon oil, asafoetida and salt to the flour mixture. Mix everything thoroughly.
- STEP 4: Add little water and bring the flour mixture together. Add water as required and knead to form a smooth and soft dough.
- STEP 5: Cover the dough and leave it for 30 minutes to rest.
Rolling the Dough
- STEP 6: Make medium-sized balls from the dough
- STEP 7: Take a rolling board and pin and some dry wheat flour
- STEP 8: Place a ball of dough on the rolling board, dust it with some dry wheat flour and roll it into a circle of approximately 6 inches. Keep the thickness of all the rotis equal.
Cooking the Missi Roti
- STEP 9: Heat a tawa or skillet on medium flame
- STEP 10: Place one flattened roti on the skillet and cook it equally from both sides by applying oil and flipping it at regular intervals
- STEP 11: Don’t overcook it; else, the rotis will become hard.
- STEP 12: Seve these delicious missi rotis with yogurt, pickle, or your favorite vegetable.
Volaaaaa…………Your Missi Roti is READY TO EAT !!
For More Awesome Food Related Topics, Recipes & Products – visit my HOME PAGE..CLICK HERE !!
CHECK OUT ONE OF MY PREMIUM POST…….. 3 Good Chicken Recipes For Dinner…CLICK HERE !!
Follow Me On TWITTER: https://twitter.com/fatboyfoodhub
Follow Me On INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/_fatboyfoodhub.com_/
LEARN TO MAKE GREAT PASTRY : The Most Followed Pastry Making Course In Italy: https://bit.ly/2Szd70E
TOP SELLING COOKBOOK: With More Than 10,000 Copies Sold: https://bit.ly/3jct7Az