Last Updated on July 1, 2021 by admin
Who doesn’t love stake ?? This simple, yet satisfying steak recipe makes the best weekday dinner
Time: 30 to 40 mins
Potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
Ground black pepper & kosher salt 1 c.
fresh peas 2 tsp. (even frozen peas will do )
2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
white wine (dry) 1 1/2 tbsp.
shallots small size, thinly sliced 1/2 c.
olive oil, 2 tablespoon
(3/4-inch-thick) strip steaks (about 1 1/2 pounds total) 2
butter (preferably unsalted)
- Cut & add the potatoes in a large pot; fill with cold water and a pinch of salt. Once you see the water boiling, reduce the heat and cover the pot for 20 minutes
- Add the peas during the last 5 minutes of cooking, then Drain out the water keeping the potato & peas in the pot.
- Add the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons oil; and mash the peas & potato to your liking. (season with salt and pepper)
- Meanwhile, heat remaining tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season steak with salt and pepper.
- Cook the meat to desired degree of tenderness, [5 minutes for rare, 8 miuntes for medium & about 0 to15 minutes for well-done]
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let cool for about 5 minutes
- Slice evenly
- Put the pan back on medium heat. Add the shallots to the pan; keep frying until it becomes a little soft (2 to 4 minutes).
- SAUCE – Add the wine & about 1/4 cup water. Keep cooking (while scraping out all the browned out bits with a wooden spatula) until the liquid is becomes half [should take about 5 to 10 minutes] remove from heat.
- Add butter
- set the steak strips to a serving plate, and add all the juices & shreds from the cutting board to the sauce.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
Pour the sauce on top of the steak and add the mash to the side of the plate as well
and…Volaaa…Your Pan Fried Strip Steak With Lemony Mash is now ready !!
Check out another one of our awesome recipe…Oven Baked Egg Boat